Killer Slugs On Copper

Slug Eating

Annie from Edifice Rex posted a tip on controlling killer slugs by using copper. Apparently copper will short circuit their body due to some electrolytic effect, and they will stay away since they will get an electrical shock when they try to cross the copper. I’ve been reading reviews of this method and it seems to be working well. Unfortunately copper is expensive and the commercial strips sold is often too narrow and the slugs will cross anyway. The copper also has to be kept clean in order to work as short circuit, but I think it’s one of the better methods I’ve seen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *